World Aids Day
- Take a moment today on the one day of the year which internationally recognises awareness and education of AIDS and HIV to think of everyone who has died so far of AIDS :(
- Be Aware, and protect yourself, it is totally preventable by you!
- Educate yourself about the major AIDS issues, ignorance can lead to death and taboos, fear, denial and stigma
- Are you prejudiced against people suffering from AIDS or HIV? Talking to sufferers or touching them will not lead to you dying suddenly horrifically. That's just ignorance.
- "Five people worldwide die of AIDS every minute of every day. HIV has hit every corner of the globe, infecting more than 42 million men, women and children, 5 million of them last year alone."
- Currently in the UK, one new person is diagnosed with AIDS or HIV every hour and a half (every 90 mins)
- and you know what? Most people know in the high risk groups are not Gay men and women. After the 80's they have become safer, and the highest risk groups are straight men and women.
World Aids Day.org
Are you HIV prejudiced?
Terrence Higgins Trust (UK Charity)
National AIDS Trust (UK Charity)